Topic: Phase I Business Assessment
Read the details of the Gladwell Grocery Stores case scenario.
Gladwell Grocery Stores Case Scenario
Gladwell Grocery Stores has ten (10) stores in upstate New York. They have approximately 400 440 employees. Most of the employees are part time with approximately 45% of them full time. The operations manager Tom Bell also acts as the HR manager and travels to each location each week to take care of recruiting scheduling hiring and answering questions for the employees as needed. He also takes care of payroll using Excel spreadsheets and has computer software to print payroll checks.
Mr. Bell approaches you an independent HR consultant and owner of your own consulting firm for a proposal. He would like to greatly reduce his travel to each location each week due to the increase in gasoline costs. He is curious to know if there is anything you can suggest in helping him complete his HR tasks more efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. He hopes there is some way he can do part of his HR tasks from his office instead of traveling to each location every week.
In this assignment you will provide Mr. Bell with an assessment of the current business based on the details of the scenario. You will describe the company in terms of size industry type of business number of stores etc. and explain to Mr. Bell why you think Gladwell Grocery Stores can benefit from an HRIS.
Assume your role as an HR consultant and prepare a business assessment that addresses the following criteria.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Assess the current situation for the company focusing on the issues that the HR manager is currently facing from not having an HRIS in place.
2. Develop a business assessment for the company focusing on managing employees from an HR perspective in a grocery store environment and retail industry.
3. Create a list of the key HR functions that you believe will be beneficial to the organization. From the list choose one (1) HR function that will be the focus of your business proposal moving forward. Explain the main reasons why you chose that HR function and validate your reasoning with research and theory.
4. Explain two to three (2-3) reasons why the company would benefit from adopting an HRIS. Focus on how the HRIS would address the HR function you identified in your business assessment.
5. Use at least (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
6. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Typed double spaced using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sides.
b. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment your name your professors name the course title and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
c. Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze the strategy of the organization the HR strategy and HR programs with HRIS.
Analyze key elements of the design in database HR relationships and evaluate system considerations in the design.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource information systems.
Write clearly and concisely about human resource information systems using proper writing mechanics.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Develop a business assessment for the company focusing on managing employees from an HR perspective in a grocery store environment and retail industry. appeared first on BEST NURSING TUTORS .